Sunday, November 18, 2012

Kimber 1911 Eclipse II

My favorite pistol is probably the 1911. But, my favorite 1911 that I have ever shot is a Kimber 1911. The version I shot was the Kimber Eclipse II 2005 NRA Gun of the Year. It is a very crisp 1911 with almost no slide wobble. Its trigger is quite crisp as well and as with all 1911s, it is extremely accurate. For example, when my brother was shooting, he hit a man sized target at 100 yards which is almost unheard of with any .45 ACP pistol.


To me, the only bad thing with a 1911 is its ammo capacity. With only 7 rounds, the fun only lasts a short while. But with the low ammo capacity comes a very slim and comfortable feeling gun.

Because of this slim slide, it can easily be concealed without any detection. As you can see its slide is just under one inch wide.

No comments:

Post a Comment