Saturday, January 5, 2013

The Hobbit Followup

Now I mentioned before in one of my posts that I was going to watch the movie The Hobbit. Well, just after my Christmas break was over, i went to the theaters with my family and saw it. Now first, i must tell you that i did read the book some time ago and it was one of the biggest books i had read up to that point, which was very unusual for me. I guess the only reason i started the book was because it was the prequel to the Lord of the Rings (I have not read those books). I was a really big fan of the Lord of the Rings that i was practically obsessed. Anything that had to do with it i thought was cool, so i decided to read the book that started the great movie series. So i began to read this book and it was very interesting, so i ended up finishing it. Now, i have to say there were some boring parts in it but very few (these parts were only during the travels through the woods). After the movie was over, i came to the conclusion that this movie was surprisingly close to the book. To me, i could only see a few minor details, and when they did, me and my bro would quietly whisper to each other what actually happened :). Despite these few minor details, i thought this movie was outstanding and i loved it. The only disappointment that i had was that it didn't cover as much of the book as i though it would, but you know, Hollywood has to make their money somehow so i guess drawing out the book is one of them. Anyway i give this movie a 9.5/10 only because of those minor details.

No comments:

Post a Comment